Every Tuesday I help host the QQ Cast, where we fabricate answers to geek culture's most superfluous questions. For our 50th Quest, my good friend Matt Stevenson joined us to talk about open source software.
- 00:00 - Mic Check and Introductions
- 05:30 - Is "Expand Enhance Extinguish" still alive and well?
- 19:40 - Can we build a sustainable infrastructure without open source software?
- 33:00 - How much structure do we like to see in our frameworks?
- 40:50 - What are some great open source projects?
- 47:15 - Was heartbleed a good thing or a bad thing?
- 54:30 - Does contributing to open source projects help your resume?
- 60:00 - Should you open source your software?
- 70:00 - Wrap up!
Please always remember that all views and opinions expressed on the podcast are representative solely of the person expressing them; not of their friends and family, not of their coworkers, and certainly not of their employers, past, present, or future.